Get to know us
Our church began informally on January 7, 1832 when thirty-two charter members of the Scituate branch of the Smithfield Society of Free Will Baptists gathered to form a separate church. The first house of worship was dedicated in 1833, and in 1835 the Smithfield Society formally recognized the new church.
Our original house of worship burned to the ground in December 1864. The congregation purchased land on West Greenville Road in the Village of North Scituate and on this site they built the present church building which was completed in 1865. Since then the building has been in continuous use as the spiritual home for an active and growing congregation. The congregation extends a warm invitation to come worship in the ambiance of this lovely old building.